Monday, July 12, 2010

bar ventures

I like going to the bar, sometimes when I haven't been to one of my regular bars, it seems like a homecoming when I finally go there. I think that's the sign of an alcoholic, but that's fine. I'm in college, where everyone drinks an exorbitant amount. Some people feel at home at their friend's homes...I feel at home at establishments that serve liquor.

So yesterday I went to Hobson's for the World Cup. Tell me why there was only one bartender for the fucking final when on slow weeknights there's at least 2?

Anyway I told Angela that there was a man in a suit in the bar. And Hobson's is not a place where men in suits congregate, on ANY day.

Me:Angela there's a man in a suit..
Her:WHAT NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IS HERE?!

We need to stop watching How I Met Your Mother...which we do instead of pregaming for the bar. Winners. Well we befriended the man in the suit during the game. We're friendly girls...in all the good ways.

Me:Why are you wearing a suit?
Him:I just came from church.
Friend (not in suit):I obviously didn't go to church.
Me:Oh they won't let me in, I'm a heathen.

Hello great first impressions. No wonder I'm single. Then I promptly told him "Catholic school probably ruined me." We went to rival Catholic elementary schools, how riveting.

Then I met a lawyer who told me not to go to law school since the job market sucks. Guys my future is looking bright...maybe I can become a professional blogger.Also why does every lawyer tell you not to become one? Are they worried of competition?! Yes I'm looking at you dreadlocked sexy lawyer man. BRING IT.

I'm pretty sure minus the church thing this boy is my soulmate since he brought his own beers to the bar. Remember ONE BARTENDER?! He snuck in 2 24oz Budweiser Calamatas...and used his church blazer to do so. Jesus would be proud.

And naturally Angela liked the scruffy friend, whose chips I ate thanks scruffy fried. Too bad we didn't see them again after the match. HEY SOUL MATES COME BACK TO US.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No seriously, what is up with EVERY SINGLE lawyer telling you not to become one!? I used to major in paralegal studies with ambitious of someday taking the LSAT, graduating from law school in DC and opening my own practice in who knows what kind of law because I still hadn't figured that out. So I started interning in law firms to see if that would help, and every attorney I encountered told me not to do it. Nobody ever gives a legitimate reason though! WTH?

pearl said...

even the judges i know have told me not to become a lawyer. AWESOME

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com