Monday, July 5, 2010

The day Kelly exploded...which I use for my own advantage

Today, I told Kelly that she should start a blog so she can join me and Angela and hop on the blog bandwagon. She promptly told me that nobody wanted to hear about her appendix exploding.

I think the world does. I am such a good friend where I value all the things about Kelly, including her exploding appendages, or maybe I'm an awful person who has a sick, twisted mind and finds humor in it? Personally I'm going with the "World's Greatest Friend Award".

Kelly along with 2 other doctors misdiagnosed her appendicitis as cramps, thus resulting in her appendix BURSTING.

So Kelly's little operation made me think about all the other things we end up outgrowing. According to my best friend Wikipedia and Darwin, the appendix was used to digest leaves and shit, thankfully we don't need to rely on leaves for food, therefore rendering it useless. Due to us not needing our appendixes anymore, the little bastard gets angry and seeks it's revenge by getting inflamed, necessitating its removal.

In fact I'm surprised "The Revenge of the Appendix" isn't a horror movie or something yet, then again I'm too much of a ninny to watch it so it could be and I'm merely ignorant. WAIT GOOGLE EXISTS. Yup, nothing. Go me.

So how do we know when we don't need something anymore? If we never got rid of things ALL OF US would be on Hoarders and then that show wouldn't be the special snowflake that it is (unless you're TLC's bootleg version Trapped). We outgrow shoes, clothes, beds, houses, etc.

I think I'm most interested in the people we outgrow. Do we try and beat life to the punch and cut them off first? Or wait til they explode like those bastard appendixes?

SOMEONE TELL ME. Okay enlighten me, please?



So thanks to Kelly for letting me use your story to have something to write about because my life existence has been mundane; as well as giving me something to ponder. Maybe I shouldn't have written this, and instead write about the pirate I met at the bar.

Oh another advantage of Kelly self destructing: She stayed in SF for 2 extra weeks aka more playtime with me!

1 comments:

themarchgirl said...

OMG FAVORITE POST EVERRR, and for old time's sake ABSCESS & MUSCLE SPASMS :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com